4.24.2009
Ray La...something
So, about 5 years ago I heard about some guy who decided to quit his job at a factory and become a musician upon hearing a Stephen Stills song. I decided to check him out, thinking that it could either be awesome or hideous yet hilarious. The first show was crowded and this rugged guy takes the stage and absolutely blew me away. The next time I saw him, the venue (Hotel Cafe) was probably at triple capacity and about 187 degrees inside due to all of the people and this guy's cd still had yet to be released.

So, I have a decent amount of this guy's music on my ipod and I was under the impression that the correct spelling of his name was Ray LaMontagne. Yesterday I realized that I have him listed twice on my ipod...once with that capital M and once with it little. So today I decide to check on Facebook 'cause the cd I still have in my possession has his name written in all caps. Log into Facebook..."Hey, Ray is at the top of my news feed and his name is spelled with a little 'm'. Oh wait, one sentence later it is spelled with the capital 'M'. Oh wait, one sentence later it is spelled with a capital 'M' and a space between the 'La' and the 'Montagne'. " My ipod (his name is Mordecai) and I really want to figure this one out because there is a slight chance that one of us is kinda OCD about stuff.

But score! There'll be a show in my area soon (although I always feel infinitely dorky at his shows...like I should be a depressed, self-destructive, reclusive whiskey drinker with questionable hygiene and I've only got two of those traits, maybe). Also, score, Ray will be on SNL tomorrow night (I think it is a repeat). But seriously, Festival of Books (including Ray Bradbury & Michael J. Fox) and then Ray LaMontagne on tv...this weekend is going to be awesome. I can only think of 3 things that could make this weekend better; a rollercoaster, beer, and making out.

And I ditched this a long time ago for Sarah Haskins stuff online. Sucks to be my blog.
posted by spaghettistreetwalker @ 4:27 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States
Entries...
Archives
Links
Template by
Free Blogger Templates