4.07.2009
Overthinking...
So, I'm currently unemployed and not really looking for full-time work, seeing as how I'm trying to go back to college in about 2 months. Today, after contemplating part-time employment, I went to the Target website, to look and apply for jobs at the nearby store (and probably just thinking that a Target discount would be awesome). There is only one hourly position available at the Target...so I clicked to apply. The application consists of 7 parts. Part number 6 (I think) had over ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN questions. No really, seriously. Usually the answer the store is looking for is glaringly obvious. Not so with Target (at least for some of the questions). Just about all of them were absolutes. Things like 'I have thought of doing something illegal at some point in my life'. Um, hasn't everyone done more than think about something illegal?? That question is both so vague and so specific at the same time, I was completely unable to figure out what they wanted. Do I lie and say 'No' because obviously they only want honest employees? Or do I say 'Yes', because obviously everyone capable of thought has contemplated doing something illegal? (I took the honest route and clicked 'Yes' because I am far from being a good girl and if asked that question in person there is absolutely no way I could say 'No' and keep a straight face.)

Also, of the 3,897 strongly-disagree/uncertain/strongly-agree style questions about 1/3 of them were about curiosity and/or wondering what was going on in other people's heads. No idea what they were after, but since I'd already answered 'Psychology' when asked about my college major, I pretty much had to mark that I totally analyze everyone and am curious and into freak-shows and human train wrecks (both of which I may very well be...especially since I was a psych student, because everyone knows that all psych students are batshit crazy [for reals]).

FYI: Walmart has a 65 question test. Really? Really? The folks who work at Walmart had to pass a test? With 65 questions on it? With multiple choice answers? Maybe my Walmart has some loopholes or something. Or maybe you just have to finish the test...you don't have to get any answers correct, they are just making sure you can stick with a task for about 13 minutes.

Ugh...looking for a job sucks. Then again, so does being poor (although the song 'Po Folks' by Nappy Roots is awesome, also, I used to own at least 2 of their cds but no longer do. How does that happen? I don't remember lending them out or anything.)
posted by spaghettistreetwalker @ 10:35 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: California, United States
Entries...
Archives
Links
Template by
Free Blogger Templates